Actions & Motions

  • Approving the minutes [Unanimously]
  • Everybody read the books
  • Everyone to write things for all the publicity materials
  • Lucy to ask committee list for opinions
  • Lucy to haggle with Rembrandt
  • Joe/Benedict to make it so (committee list?)
  • Benedict to book a room
  • Ethel/Benedict/Amanda to make a not-nominations sheet
  • Wouter to book Wagamamas
  • Ethel and Wouter to send spiels
  • Benedict to finish: Crossword, Crossword 2, Nonogram, Map
  • Wouter to ask Cameron to be designated disabled persons guide
  • Maciej to acquire team art
  • Wouter make sure stallholders are all happy
  • Lucy to acquire lighting for metric
  • Wouter to circulate full schedule asap
  • Wouter to contact Clements re:Silly Games
  • Wouter ask Steve to bring The Carrot of Doom
  • Everyone to find allowed places to put up posters
  • Maciej to email the list

Minutes of ICSF Committee Meeting, 31/1/12

Meeting opened at 18:06.

Present

Ethel Bardsley (Chair Entity) Joseph Britton (Chair of Vice) Lucy McGregor (Treasurer) Benedict Harcourt (Secretary) Wouter van der Bergh (Picocon Sofa) Maciej Matuszewski (Picocon Beanbag) Rebecca Clark Atsuhide Miyagi Pinlay McPhail Joseph Henderson

Apologies

Amansa Shjodhal (Librarian) Angela Branaes (Editor)

Absent

Andreja Kogovšek (Publicity Officer)

Apologies And Approval Of Minutes

  • Benedict would like to apologise for being off the ball with writing up minutes
    • He'd also like to apologise that he's typed these up late too
    • It's all the EXCUSE HERE fault

Chair's Report

  • The society has not yet implode

Treasurer's Report / Budgeting

  • The budget is looking budget-like
    • The different publicity budgets have been lumped together
    • The minibus budget has been increased
    • We will no longer be receiving IC Trust money
    • No subsidy for writer's workshop, as we didn't have on this year
  • Approving the minutes [Unanimously]

Librarian's Report

  • All the Picocon authors' books are on the shelves
  • Maciej wants reviews and things for Felix
  • Everybody read the books
  • Everyone to write things for all the publicity materials

Formal Dinner

  • The Rembrandt was offering a three course meals for £30 a head
  • But, towards the end of term, it'll be £40 per head
  • It is suggested we might vary prices for student/alumni
[18:13] Joe Slade (Tech Priest) enters
  • Alternate ideas to Lucy McGregor
  • Due to timings, need to have a two month lead in
  • Tickets ~6 weeks ahead
  • Tickets will have to be sold by meal type (combinations)
  • Drinks would be more on the prices on this
  • We could a restaurant or the union
    • Union is union :(
    • Restaurants and fancy clothes?
  • Lucy to ask committee list for opinions
  • Lucy to haggle with Rembrandt

New Monitor

  • Benedict and Cameron should have their findings checked
    • Especially if they're tired
      • Hint: this is always
  • The monitor is awesome, but the old one wasn't the problem
  • We should try to acquire, for free, a PCI graphics card
  • Joe/Benedict to make it so (committee list?)

AGM

  • The AGM shall be on the 8th of March, the say after the WarGameg AGM
    • Benedict to book a room
    • Ethel/Benedict/Amanda to make a not-nominations sheet

Picocon

Babysitters

  • Adrian - Rosie or LARP Alex
  • Tricia - RebeccaLiz
  • Justina - Fluffy Alex

Dinner

  • Wouter to book Wagamamas

Wyrmtongue

  • It progresses
  • Ethel and Wouter to send spiels
  • Benedict to finish: Crossword, Crossword 2, Nonogram, Map

Quiz

  • Maciej and Cameron are proceeding. It is apparently going well.

Disabled Access

  • Wouter to ask Cameron to be designated disabled persons guide

Teams

  • Teams
    • Nukes
    • Zombies
    • Elder God Tentacles From The Sky (EGT-FroTS)
  • Maciej to acquire art

Stallholders

  • Ben found a random extra one at a pub meet
  • We think we've contacted all the normal ones
  • Wouter make sure this is so
  • The book launch people are iffy wrt what exactly they'll do

Lighting

  • Lucy to acquire lighting for metric

Schedule

  • Wouter to circulate full schedule asap

LAN

  • Semi-Dave doesn't want to run it
[18:50] Semi-Dave enters
  • Actual technical knowledge is thin on the ground
    • No-one on the list of known competent people, none are really willing
  • Have non-technical people manning it, who know who to contact if something goes really wrong

Silly Games

  • Wouter to contact Clements re:Silly Games

T-Shirts

  • It's all good with regards to time
  • Colours
    • Red: Wouter, Maciej, Ethel
    • Blue: Liz, Fluffy, Rosie

Turkey Reading

  • Wouter ask Steve to bring The Carrot of Doom

Posters

  • We actually have publicity budget to spend
  • Everyone to find allowed places to put up posters

Helpers

  • Need: Blackett door, T-Shirt sales, Front Desk (all morning, plus spares), Secondary t-shirt sales, set-up, clean-up.
  • Maciej to email the list
Meeting closed at 19:06