Actions & Motions

  • Benedict to check and circulate times of next BSFA, Tun
  • Maciej to poke the list more
  • Lucy to obtain lighting from DramSoc
  • Maciej to acquire art
  • Wouter/Maciej/Delegate ask about what steward we actually need
  • Babysitter t-shirts are free; they also get free entry
  • Budget of £40 for new chair
  • Amanda to buy said chair
  • None the less, a budget of £40 was approved for slimmer DVD cases
  • A £15 decadence budget is granted for the event of Doomity-Doom
  • Lucy to look into getting a Decadence Budget Code
  • Amanda to organise a writer's workshop
  • RebeccaLiz to cause contact between Jaine Fenn and Amanda

Minutes of ICSF Committee Meeting, 15/12/11

Meeting opened at 18:06.

Present

Ethel Bardsley (Chair Entity) Joseph Britton (Chair of Vice) Lucy McGregor (Treasurer) Benedict Harcourt (Secretary) Wouter van der Bergh (Picocon Sofa) Maciej Matuszewski (Picocon Beanbag) Rebecca Clark Joseph Henderson And Others

Apologies

Andreja Kogovšek (Publicity Officer) Joseph Slade (Tech Priest)

Absent

Angela Branaes (Editor)

Apologies And Approval Of Minutes

  • Apologies were received from those members listed above
  • Minutes of the Picocon Subcommittee Meeting 08/12/11 were accepted without amendment
  • Minutes of the Committee Meeting 31/10/11 were accepted without amendment

Chair's Report

  • The society has not yet imploded

Treasurer's Report

  • The SCC Treasurer wishes us to spend our grant
  • Books have been purchased
  • It is noted that the financial system is a broken, mind-warping mess

Librarian's Report

  • Books have been purchased
  • People with overdue books will shortly be...dealt with.

Picocon

  • Some things are going well
  • People are advised to refer to the subcommittee minutes that have been given
  • Wouter names himself to be, in some respects, an incompetent fool
  • We do not yet have authors
    • This is being dealt with.
    • There is no need to panic
    • The von Clements is all mighty
    • It is once again suggest we get some comics authors
  • Benedict to check and circulate times of next BSFA, Tun

LAN

  • Semi-Dave doesn't want to run it
  • Running DEFCON and Unreal Tournament
  • There were suggestions that we could have a Turkey Game

Artwork

  • Maciej to poke the list more

Lighting in Metric

  • Lucy to obtain lighting from DramSoc

Teams

  • Teams
    • Nukes
    • Zombies
    • Elder God Tentacles From The Sky (EGT-FroTS)
  • Maciej to acquire art

Rooms

  • There is a minimum spend of £250 / per bar
  • It is not viable to have Metric bar open too
    • Also, I lack delicious ales
  • We apparently need three stewards (per bar?)
  • Wouter/Maciej/Delegate ask about what steward we actually need

Publicity

  • A simple poster is to be made in advance of actual artwork

Liquid Nitrogen

  • There are fears over the accessibility of it
  • We are certainly not going to let it be stored in the library

Entrance Prices

  • Babysitter t-shirts are free; they also get free entry

New Equipment

New Office Chair

  • We could do with one
  • Budget of £40 for new chair
  • Amanda to buy said chair

DVD Cases

  • Benedict maintains that, in the meeting this seemed like a workable idea. Now it's February, he agrees with the detractors
  • None the less, a budget of £40 was approved for slimmer DVD cases

VHS -> DVD Convertor

  • People say these things exist
  • A budget does not seem to have been approved

Library Regulations - Loans of Multiple Discs

  • This has recently lead to heated discussion in the library
  • It is noted that, in the standing orders, this is entirely at the discretion of the Librarian
  • Although no formal decision was made, it was decided that it should be consider that permission should be sought each time multiple discs are to be loaned to a member
  • Rule 7 is cited repeatedly

Chair of Vice Report

  • There have been 2 bar nights, a Rocky Horror evening, and there will be an Event of Doomity-Doom!
    • DWM says hello
  • The Vice of the Day is Sloth
  • A £15 decadence budget is granted for the event of Doomity-Doom
  • Lucy to look into getting a Decadence Budget Code
[18:35] Wouter leaves

Writers Workshop

  • These make a loss
  • We'd still like one
  • Amanda to organise a writer's workshop
  • RebeccaLiz to cause contact between Jaine Fenn and Amanda
  • Should Canvas interest from the list
  • To be held hopefully in early March

Formal Dinner

  • Lucy Progresses
Meeting closed at 18:52