Actions & Motions

  • Maciej to send reminder
  • Wouter to poke/download t-shirt knowlege off of Peter
  • Benedict to finish crossword
  • Benedict to update scavenger hunt list
  • Andreja to poke Angela
  • Angela to consider contents for Picocon wyrm
  • Cameron to think about this more, and appear with a list and recommendation
  • Maciej to coordinate writing of / write quiz (Cameron to help)
  • Benedict to email the list of all SF answers
  • Maciej to try to extend Metric booking
  • Someone to talk to Chris about this
  • Maciej to emial list about items
  • Wouter to carve a mushroom cloud of victory (possibly metaphorically)
  • Liz to send list of all book sellers etc to Wouter
  • Liz to ask Monya abotu chalking
  • Benedict to finish flyer map of everything useful
  • Benedict to look into online generation of registration forms
  • Andreja to make flyers for BSFA etc.
  • Benedict to talk to Semi-Dave about LAN

Minutes of Picocon Sub-Committee Meeting, 8/12/11

Meeting opened at 18:05.

Present

Wouter van der Bergh (Picocon Sofa) Maciej Matuszewski (Picocon Beanbag) Andreja Kogovšek (Publicity Officer) Benedict Harcourt (Secretary) Amanda Sjödahl (Librarian) Patrick Boyle Alex Cameron

Guests of Honour

  • Wouter: Mea Culpa
  • We currently have no GoH, but Wouter is consulting the Clements
  • Cameron has put together a list of every active UK SF author + contact details
  • Benedict pulls from the hive mind that Stephen Baxter owes us favours?

Artwork

  • An artwork email was sent
    • No responses as of yet
    • People have been bounding ideas around, though
    • Maciej to send reminder

T-Shirts

  • Wouter to poke/download t-shirt knowlege off of Peter
  • This is one of the few things the wiki is up to date on too

Wyrmtounge

  • Benedict assures that a Wyrmtounge can happen at short notice as things stand
  • He has also started an apocolypse themed crossword
  • Benedict to finish crossword
  • Benedict to update scavenger hunt list
  • Andreja to poke Angela
  • Angela to consider contents for Picocon wyrm

Teams

  • Apocolypse themed teams are reasonably do-able - say, type of apocolypse
    • Nucelar - Mushroom Cloud
    • Alien Invasion - Flying Saucer
    • Zombies - Zombie
    • Nanites - ???
    • Divine Retribution - Lightening?
  • Cameron to think about this more, and appear with a list and recommendation

Quiz

  • This needs to be written
  • Maciej to coordinate writing of / write quiz (Cameron to help)
  • Benedict to email the list of all SF answers
  • There was discussion of doing a composite image question
  • A good locaiton for the quiz has been a problem in recent years
    • The Union Bar in generally too small
    • Activity Space {1+2} and Metric are both bigger
    • We currently have both until 8
    • Metric is closer to booze (in fact, it might be possible to have the bar manned
    • Maciej to try to extend Metric booking
  • Nearer the time, we must ensure the bars will open at 12nn.
  • We are probably not going to block buy alcohol, unless the new union regulations have suddenly made it worth our while
    • Somehow, this is doubted

DODM

  • Chris has indicated that obtaining and holding liquid nitrogen overnight may be problematic
  • Someone to talk to Chris about this
  • CO2 fire extinquishers were suggested as a replacement, though these may not cause the material to reach glass transition point
  • Maciej to emial list about items

Turkey Reading

  • The use of fan fiction was suggested
  • (Suggestions were: "HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" and "My Immortal")
  • Evil Overlord was suggested as an almost in-theme viewing
  • The Turkey section should probably come with a age and health warning

Metric

  • Layout last year still makes sense
  • Lighting levels are still a problem
    • There is a noticable lack of mains power
    • Some suggestions of apoloclypse themed portable lamps was suggested
    • Wouter: "We shall take this mountain of idiocy and carve a mushroom cloud of victory!"
    • Wouter to carve a mushroom cloud of victory (possibly metaphorically)
  • Wouter has been contacted by someone in Cambridge regaridng some kind of book launch
  • Liz to send list of all book sellers etc to Wouter

Parking

  • Cameron will be to brief the author minions about parking

Entrance

  • Given the large profits we have been seeing, the decision was made to hold the prices
  • We'd like to expand the amount of chalk guide marks in college etc.
  • Liz to ask Monya abotu chalking
  • Shirts are to sold in the foer to LT1 again
  • Benedict to finish flyer map of everything useful
  • Benedict to look into online generation of registration forms

Publicity

  • Andreja to make flyers for BSFA etc.
  • It was decide to advertise more to non-icsf Imperial students

LAN

  • Benedict to talk to Semi-Dave about LAN
  • Apocolypse calls for Defcon
  • The idea of a turkey game was raised around this point
Meeting closed at 18:50.