Actions & Motions

  • People to do training quizzes
  • Everyone to join the society
  • Benedict to email icsf-list for help
  • Andreja to print them off and get them up
  • Amanda to decide on library showings (if appropriate)
  • Amanda, Lucy, Benedict to figure out what bookshops are worth covering and still exist
  • Maciej to do the bookings
  • Lucy McGregor was unanimously elected Acting Treasurer

Minutes of ICSF Committee Meeting, 29/9/11

Meeting opened at 18:12pm.

Present

Ethel Bardsley (Chair Entity) Amanda Sjödahl (Librarian) Joseph Britton (Chair of Vice) Benedict Harcourt (Secretary) Maciej Matuszewski (Picocon Beanbag) Joseph Slade (Tech Priest) Andreja Kogovšek (Publicity Officer) Angela Branaes (Editor) Lucy McGregor Rebecca Clark Alex 'Fluffy' Savell Zachary Smith (Wargames Chair)

Apologies

Wouter van der Beurgh (Picocon Sofa)

General Business

  • The minutes of the meeting 25/5/2011 were approved unanimously
  • Lucy has not had any responses from locations of the formal dinner
    • The Beit prices were circulated on icsf-committee previously
    • More suggestions are needed for places to try
  • The year has begun. Term has not. Semantics were briefly discussed
  • Due to circumstances beyond our control, we are without a Treasurer
    • An EGM will happen as soon as the exec get their act together
  • Most of the committee have done their training quizzes and joined the society
    • People to do training quizzes
    • Everyone to join the society

Fresher's Fayre

  • Fresher's Fayre is on Tuesday, setup form 10am
  • Members of the committee are willing to help
    • We should also ask the list
    • Benedict to email icsf-list for help
  • The poster designs look gooood
    • Andreja to print them off and get them up
  • Wyrmtongue is steadily coming together
    • The number of copies of Wyrm required was discussed
    • The final figure was probably a couple of hundred
  • Fresher's Fayre falls on the same day as an Old Fart's barnight
    • Taking the freshers to that would be unfair on both sides
    • What we do in the evening for the freshers depends on how many hang around

Fresher's Events

  • Amanda to decide on library showings (if appropriate)
  • The first bar night will be Thurs 13th, at the Tea Clipper
    • This has since gone into Wyrm!
  • The bookcrawl will be on the 3th Saturday of term
    • Amanda, Lucy, Benedict to figure out what bookshops are worth covering and still exist

Femtocon

  • Femtocon is on Wed 12th
  • The east basement: it is booked...almost (Curse you, dance)
  • SciFi have a desk and run people to library

Picocon Bookings

  • They haven not yet been done
  • Maciej to do the bookings
  • It was suggested that we should possibly write to Terry Pratchett
    • There were mixed feelings about this
    • It would be absolutely awesome
    • However, he's unlikely to come
    • We'd never be able find space to host him in Imperial
    • We'd have to book him n years in advance, putting burden on future committees
    • He'd over shadow anyone else we could ask
    • It would probably make all future Picocons feel less by comparison
    The point was deferred to a later meeting

Any other business

  • Lucy McGregor was unanimously elected Acting Treasurer
Meeting closed at 19:06