Actions & Motions

  • Wouter to book the minibus
  • Chris to open nominations no later than Monday 28th February
  • Joakim to book room / inform the society where the AGM will be held
  • Benedict to send it to Joseph
  • Joseph to see it printed
  • Liz, Chris, Cameron, Peter to make this so
  • Benedict and Cameron to finish the Scavenger Hunt list
  • Lucy to make sure people don't settle down to sleepin the library
  • Anyone who can get hold of some to bring hazard tape
  • Liz to produce little maps to food places for the front desk
  • Lucy or Ben to borrow a broom from DramSoc for clean up (DODM & Overall)
  • Liz, Babysitters to write intos for the authors
  • Liz (or delegate) Find a passage from Gor for turkey readings
  • Cameron to provide disabled access guidance and help
  • Babysitters to feel out their authors
  • Babysitters to find out if their authors are happy to do silly games
  • Chris to print the picture round for the quiz
  • Liz to confirm all this

Minutes of ICSF Committee Meeting, 17/2/10

Meeting opened at 18:18.

Present

Chris Hutchinson (Chairentity) Wouter van der Beurgh (Chair of Vice) Gabriel Carpenter (Treasurer) Ethel Bardsley (Tech Preist) Joseph Britton (Publicity Officer) Alex Cameron Joe Slade David Lane (Max Dave) Robin Saunders Amanda Patrick Boyle Ed Boff

Apolgies

Joakim Scharp (Secretary) Rebecca Clark (Picocon Sofa)

Chair of Vice Report

  • It is time to book the minibus for Hay-on-Wye
  • Due to minimum booking costs, it is n more expensive to send an advanced party to Hay
  • However, most members will not be willing or able to do two nights
    • The minibus will on be used from early saturday to late sunday
    • Wouter to book the minibus

AGM

  • The AGM is now in two weeks
  • Chris to open nominations no later than Monday 28th February
  • Joakim to book room / inform the society where the AGM will be held

Fanzine

  • Akbaralli Kapasi's (Editor, 2007-2009) last fanzine was never published
    • "He was not...impressed"
    • Benedict to send it to Joseph
    • Joseph to see it printed

Picocon Wyrm

  • It is mostly done - all the major components are accounted for
  • In the worst case, they can be printed Saturday morning and folded on the front desk during setup / the day

Piccoon Quiz

  • Peter, Chris, and Cameron have all done various parts.
  • Many of these are not yet digital
  • They need to meet with Liz on Friday to finalise this
  • Liz, Chris, Cameron, Peter to make this so

? There is a note here which contains the names Benedict and Alex Cameron. I assume it was:

  • Benedict and Cameron to finish the Scavenger Hunt list

[18:33] Peter Mabbot enters

Regisration Forms

  • Peter is doing the forms
  • Benedict looks notably relieved
[18:35] Ed Boff exits
  • Peter also has family fortunes questions
    • I was unable to note them down in time
    • The 'Name a Coal-Powered machine' was considered to be too difficult
[18:37] Ed Boff returns
    • Has been changed to 'Steam Punk Vehicle'
    • This will go at the end of the list as it's the one peopel are most liekly to stumble over
[18:42] Lucy McGregor (Librarian) Enters

Picocon Shenanigans

  • All fun will be harmless
  • This will be insured with proper safety precautions
  • Dave Clemence is doign the prop for the silly games
  • There will be no Steve.
  • The Ewok adventures is not sufficently bad to be used as a turkey viewing
  • Ninja: The Protector (scene 11) is.
  • So is Hliday Special, on YouTube
  • Chris and Peter will be announcing DODM
  • The list of items for this may not change, as it has already gone to Courtney for the wyrm.
  • Bolt cutters and hammer have been aquired
  • Liquid Nitrogen is organised. The library should be avoid on friday night due to presecne of liquid nitrogen
  • Lucy to make sure people don't settle down to sleepin the library
  • We need security tape
  • Anyone who can get hold of some to bring hazard tape
[19:06] Joseph Slade exits [19:08] Rebecca Clark (Picocon Sofa) enters [19:09] Robin Saunders exits

Picocon Day Plan Review

  • Set-up will begin at 8:30, meeting in (front of) Metric
  • Each talk slot will last about 50 minutes
  • The baby sitters know when and where they're neeting their authors
  • The union may fail at serving food during lunch
  • Liz to produce little maps to food places for the front desk
  • Lucy or Ben to borrow a broom from DramSoc for clean up (DODM & Overall)
  • Cameron and Ethel will clean up after DODM
  • Liz, Babysitters to write intos for the authors
  • The panel questions have been sent, understood, and aproved by the authors
  • There is no official slot for book signings
  • At least one stallhlder is stokcing Paul McAuley books
  • Liz (or delegate) Find a passage from Gor for turkey readings
  • Alex to collect RAG buckets
  • Parking has been sorted
  • Cameron to provide disabled access guidance and help
  • Babysitters to feel out their authors
  • Babysitters to find out if their authors are happy to do silly games
  • Benedict has a clean up plan. He will go on at length about it if you ask him
  • We still need volunteers to help. Or Benedict needs to learn to be in multiple places at once very quickly
  • Chris to print the picture round for the quiz
  • The Union Bar will be fine despite a slight lack of chairs
  • Pat and Peter to announce to quiz
  • The Meal is booked. Liz knows who's going
  • Liz to confirm all this
  • Babysitters will get 1 paid drink, as last year
  • (No takin the piss trying to get pissed)
  • Semi-Dave is a King amongst men, but still needs hugs.
  • Ethel is the reserve Semi-Dave. She is yet to collapse into a singularity
[19:45] Chris Hutchinson (Chair Entity) exits Meeting closed at 19:46