Actions & Motions

  • Liz to email Courtney and check everything is on track
  • Ben to email Courtney past Picocon Wyrms and Liz past Sofa spots for reference
  • Ben and Ethel to get the past wyrms and faniznes actually accessible
  • Fluffy Alex to be aware of this
  • Liz to organise this, or find an alternative
  • Dave to make this so, and to check what kit they supply
  • Benedict and SemiDave to find out how to acquires projectors and screens
  • Liz to contact ZZ9 about stall space
  • Cameron to check with Peter this has happened.
  • Liz to add the email address etc. to her hand over package
  • Liz to ask Cat if she'd like to do the art
  • Lucy to not throw out the chalk.
  • Benedict to check the Ewok adventures
  • Liz to try and get Activity Space 1 until 7pm
  • Ben to minion peoples
  • Liz to contact EasterCon, WarGames, ZZ9
  • Chris to organise liquid nitrogen
  • SemiDave / Benedict to dig out last year's list
  • Benedict / Cameron to Steam Punk it up
  • Ethel & SemiDave to print things to Joseph and Liz's orders
  • SemiDave, Ethel to make it updated.
  • Liz to get DODM hammer, tongs

Minutes of Picocon Sub-committee Meeting, 27/1/10

Meeting opened at 19:56pm.

Present

Rebecca Clark (Picocon Sofa) Wouter van der Beurgh (Chair of Vice) Benedict Harcourt (Picocon Beanbag) Ethel Bardsley (Tech Preist) Alex Cameron David McBride Alex Savell

Apolgies

Chris Hutchinson (Chairentity) Lucy McGregor (Librarian) Joakim Scharp (Secretary) Joseph Britton (Publicity Officer) Gabriel Carpenter (Treasurer)

Matters Arising

  • No formal bitching about Joakim's minute taking happened
  • Holding a meeting in a pub is logistical nightmare

Picocon Wyrmtounge

  • There has been no organisation of this on our end. However, Courtney has been putting out emails for pieces
    • Courtney's diligence was recognised
    • Liz to email Courtney and check everything is on track
    • Ben to email Courtney past Picocon Wyrms and Liz past Sofa spots for reference
    • Ben and Ethel to get the past wyrms and faniznes actually accessible

Picocon Minions

  • LT1 MC

    • Alex Savell has been made responsible for the smooth running of LT1 on the day
    • He may delegate the responsibility, but will be accountable
    • Fluffy Alex to be aware of this
  • Silly Games

    • The von Clemence Chairing would be excellent
    • He is somewhat aware, but his participation was on some condition
    • Liz to organise this, or find an alternative
    • We have plenty of potential panellists (Liz, Peter, Cameron, A!Dave)
  • Blackett Door monkeys will be found at a later date
  • LAN

    • Ethel Will be assisting SemiDave in LAN organisation and control
Wouter leaves for the bar at 20:10
  • LAN (Continued)

    • LAN setup will be fine with just two people
    • Benedict & SemiDave looked at power port positions today, and have considered this lighting issues
    • We may get Projector Games along (fingers crossed)
      • Dave to make this so, and to check what kit they supply
      • Benedict and SemiDave to find out how to acquires projectors and screens
Wouter returns at 20:14 SemiDave leaves at 20:15
  • Benedict will be in charge of the front desk / metric. He should however minion people, the fool...
  • Carry monkeys will be arranged closer to the time

Rooms

  • The bar is booked
  • Wagamamas is booked for 12 at 20:15. This leaves some room for extras
  • Liz to contact ZZ9 about stall space

T Shirts

  • It is believed the order has gone
  • Cameron to check with Peter this has happened.

Quiz

  • Cameron has done his section
  • Liz reserves the right of executive judgement over the quiz
SemiDave returns at 20:20
  • SemiDave volunteers to volunteer questions

Publicity Events

  • The BSFA was attended
    • The beardies are excited about the booking of the bar
    • SemiDave and Cameron meet Charlie Stross and got Badges
  • The TUN will be attended
  • We also found a potential future guest - Frances Hordinge
    • Liz to add the email address etc. to her hand over package
    • Ben notes that putting on this wiki might be, you know, nice...
    • For reference, the wiki is at http://icsflibsrv.su.ic.ac.uk/wiki/, available only in the Imperial Network

Houses

  • SemiDave proposed 'Cogs', 'Tophats', and 'Zeppelins'.
    • This was most approved
    • Liz to ask Cat if she'd like to do the art
    • There was a discussion of the origin of top haps. It was not to be minuted

Setup Stuff

  • Benedict will do a Sainsbury's run for setup food the night before, as he lives so damn close
    • A provisional budget of £45 has been set forward for higher approval
  • Chalk needs to be found
    • Lucy to not throw out the chalk.

Turkey Readings

  • Benedict reports that the Holiday Special is watchable, although of low video quality
    • Benedict to check the Ewok adventures
      • He has since done so, they are of much higher video quality
      • He would like it to be noted that he believes he has now seen every Star Wars film.
  • It was decided it is too soon to use the Carrot of Doom again
  • Anal PLANet, a Gor book, and Satan Skin (reserve) have been suggested as books
  • It is noted that Steve reading Gor might require a update of our Risk Assessment to include people attempting to claw their own eyes out.

Clean Up

  • Clean up will be on a rolling basis.
  • A team will be lead by Benedict, with the front desk closing for registration around 4
  • LT1 Will be cleaned at the conclusion of the last event there. Car needs to be taken
  • Liz to try and get Activity Space 1 until 7pm
  • If this is possible, Metric clearance can be done such that we finish at 6pm. This gives sellers extra time
  • Otherwise, begin Metric clear at 5 so as not to have too many groups trying to use the trolley
  • LAN last-call is also at 5ish. The machines should be about ready to go when the clean up team gets the trolley back
  • This should allow most of the LAN and cleanup team to go to the quiz.
  • Cleanup team should attempt to have 5 people at it's disposal
  • Ben to minion peoples

Actions carried forwarded randomly remembered at this point

  • Liz to contact EasterCon, WarGames, ZZ9
  • Chris to organise liquid nitrogen

Scavenger Hunt

  • SemiDave / Benedict to dig out last year's list
  • Benedict / Cameron to Steam Punk it up
  • No plastic soldiers outside Beit

Panel

  • Question Ideas (wording may need work)
    • Steampunk: Fantastic or Silly (/ Good or Stupid / other variations)
    • Do you find people reading more into your work than is there complementary, offensive, and what funny stories have come out of it
    • Fluffy's Superliminal Pensis
  • The titles should be sent to the author's before time, once they are decided

Flyers and Posters

  • The SAC printer is broken
  • However, the flyer is going down well
  • DOC essentially have free printing - sharing it out amongst them will not be a problem
  • Ethel & SemiDave to print things to Joseph and Liz's orders

Webpage

  • Up and working
  • Can now add defcon + prize
  • Have renewed permission for the DODM image
  • SemiDave, Ethel to make it updated.

Any Other Business

  • Liz to get DODM hammer, tongs
  • Picocon budget to be discussed at next committee meeting
Meeting closed at 20:48