Actions & Motions

  • RebeccaLiz to speak to SemiDave regarding LAN
  • RebeccaLiz to make SFA and TUN meetings happen
  • RebeccaLiz to ensure all authors know Picocon details
  • RebeccaLiz to find resteraunt for Picocon
  • RebeccaLiz to speak to Aziz regarding ticket VAT
  • Lucy to buy chairs
  • RebeccaLiz to get plaques for Smithers and the dead fresher
  • Joseph to get posters for Picocon and the society
  • Ben to ressurect RebeccaLiz's computer and get it from there
  • RebeccaLiz to buy said player
  • Cameron to get a quote for a new amp
  • Chris to speak english in future communications, all in favor
  • Selling of old T-Shirts online organized, all in favor
  • To hold a writers workshop, all in favor
  • Expenditure approval for buying new chairs, all in favor
  • Expenditure approval for new shelves (~£400), all in favor
  • To buy the bluray player specified by Cameron, all in favor
  • To buy a new amp instead of second hand, 7 for, 5 against, 3 abstain

Minutes of ICSF Committee Meeting, 25/11/10

Meeting opened at 18:00pm.

Present

Chris Hutchison (Chairentity), Joakim Scharp (Secretary), Gabriel Carpenter (Treasurer), Joseph Britton (Publicity Officer), Lucy McGregor (Librarian), Rebecca Clark (Picocon Sofa), Benedict Harcourt, Alex Cameron

UCL Pub Quiz

  • Questions were HARD (but fair // Lucy and Snorlax)
  • UCL won

Treasurer's Report

  • We have money. That is all.
Ethel enters at 18:06

Picocon Report

  • Can we sell booze for money?
    • How much do we get, what do we sell it for?
    • Sell it as "free" with raffle tickets?
    • Kegs are expensive(~£150/keg)
  • SFA meeting missed because Chris can't speak english
  • Chris to speak english in future communications, all in favor
  • RebeccaLiz to speak to SemiDave regarding LAN
  • RebeccaLiz to make SFA and TUN meetings happen
  • RebeccaLiz to ensure all authors know Picocon details
  • RebeccaLiz to find resteraunt for Picocon
  • Selling of old T-Shirts online organized, all in favor
Munchlax enters at 18:24

Writers Workshop

  • Liz Williams to be our writers workshop person, will charge around £150 for one day, though not sure how much two separate sessions will cost
  • Will take 10-15 writers
  • Do tickets for the workshop have VAT?
  • RebeccaLiz to speak to Aziz regarding ticket VAT
  • To hold a writers workshop, all in favor

Furniture

  • Cameron has a chair quote - 204 for 3 chairs from one company, 39 ech at sale from another
  • Expenditure approval for buying new chairs, all in favor
  • Lucy to buy chairs
  • Expenditure approval for new shelves (~£400), all in favor
  • Get spare parts for other shelves
  • Get braces and brace the shelves
  • We can get a stepladder
  • Unassembled chairs can be disposed of as necessary
  • RebeccaLiz to get plaques for Smithers and the dead fresher
  • Joseph to get posters for Picocon and the society

Website Stuff

  • Room bookings finalized
  • Committee wiki lives, at old link
  • Needs an up to date constitution
  • Ben to ressurect RebeccaLiz's computer and get it from there
Patrick enters at 18:55 Munchlax leaves at 18:55

Bluray/Amp

  • To buy the bluray player specified by Cameron, all in favor
  • RebeccaLiz to buy said player
  • To buy a new amp instead of second hand, 7 for, 5 against, 3 abstain
  • Cameron to get a quote for a new amp

Any Other Business

  • We give thanks for Bob.
Meeting closed at 19:01.