Actions & Motions

  • Chris to investigate damage levels from leak, and prepare a contingency claim if required.
  • All officers to make sure they have done the appropriate quizzes online.
  • Chris, Gabriel to do Financial Responsibility
  • Joseph to liase with Courtney to get a Fresher's Wyrm done, plus bookmarks
  • Wouter to persue and try to book a room for a bar night.
  • Joakim to arrange artwork competition for Femtocon
  • PEOPLE TO JOIN SOCIETY

Minutes of ICSF Committee Meeting, 07/09/10 - via Skype

Present:

Chris Hutchison (Chairentity), Gabriel Carpenter (Treasurer), Wouter van den Bergh (Chair of Vice), Courtney Williams (Wyrmtongue Editor), Joseph Britton (Publicity Officer) Rebecca Clark (Picocon Sofa) Peter Mabbott

Apologies:

Lucy McGregor (Librarian), Joakim Scharp (Secretary), Rebecca Clark (Picocon Sofa)

Absent:

Benedict Harcourt (Picocon Beanbag) Ethel Bardsley (Web Editor)
Meeting opened at 20:01pm.

Wyrmtongue

  • New Wyrm editor may be required due to Courtney taking year out.
    • Courtney is willing to do the work, but can't be an officer under union regs. Consensus is to ask her to do it and leave the position officially fallow.
    • Chris is responsible for Wyrms in the event of Courtney's absence.

Leak in Library

  • Carpet and chair possibly damaged. It isn't clear how damaged things are.
  • Chris to investigate damage levels, and prepare a contingency claim if required.

Union Quizzes

  • All officers to make sure they have done the appropriate quizzes.

Financial Reponsibility

  • Chris, Gabriel to do Financial Responsibility

Freshers Fair

  • Most people at the meeting siad they would be available to help.
  • Handouts need to be prepared - bookmarks, Wrms, 'finding the Library'
  • A laptop (plus backup printouts) needed for signups
  • Book give aways - do it, but be more careful about overpitching them.
  • Post-Fresher's fair, take people down to library for drinks/movies then to Wagammamas at 7:00.
  • Joseph to liase with Courtney to get a Fresher's Wyrm done, plus bookmarks
Meeting adjourned at 20:22. Meeting resumed at 20:??

Barnight

  • On Tues 12 or Thu 14 is possible
  • Wouter to investigate
  • Committee prepared in theory to pay for a room hire
  • Wouter to pursue and try to book a room.

Barnight

  • An all-nighter, possibly somewhat more sedate than usual? [Fluffy Alex dressing up is good. Or is it bad?]
  • Resident Evil? (no, wrong date, also, rubbish)

Picocon

  • Theme - Cartoons or steampunk?
  • If not possible to get 3 houses from Steampunk, try three sub-genres (Say Steampunk, Noir, and Cyberpunk or something)
  • At Femtocon, have a Steampunk artwork competition. "Draw simple line drawing, recive chocolate)
  • Joakim to arrange artwork competition for Femtocon.

Next Meeting

  • Discuss a new TV Stand.
  • Sept 30th at 6pm, ICSF Library
Meeting closed at 20:58.