It’s that time of the year again and just around the corner is THE event of the year! That’s right, it’s the ICGC Christmas dinner coming up on Saturday 11th December. There will be Christmas pudding and mulled wine a plenty. We will be going to the Builder’s Arms just off Gloucester Road. Here’s a map and here’s the menu:
- Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato soup with warm sliced bread
- Chicken and wild mushroom pate with Cumberland sauce and toast
- Smoked Salmon with capers, herb creme fraiche and toast
- Roast Norfolk turkey with cranberry sauce
- Roast rump beef with horseradish sauce
- Vegetarian Nut Roast with beetroot and horseradish chutney (All served with roast potatoes, pigs in blankets, Yorkshire pudding, carrots, honeyed parsnips, Brussel sprouts, sage and onion stuffing and gravy)
- Salmon fillet wrapped in smoked salmon and roasted in white wine sauce and served with new potatoes and green beans
- Christmas Pudding with brandy sauce
- Chocolate brownie and vanilla pod ice cream
- Lemon tart with creme fraiche
2 courses for £16 (you can choose either to have a starter or a dessert) or 3 courses for £19 and wine is included!!! We will be meeting at the Builder’s Arms at 7pm for the meal then having a few drinks in the pubs around South Ken afterwards. To book your place email back A.S.A.P. If you could let me know what courses you want as well that would be great. BOOK NOW BECAUSE PLACES WILL RUN OUT FAST!
Another quick reminder that Winter tour is just around the corner. We are going to Portmoak in Scotland again this year. Last year everyone had a great time with lots of gliding in the snow and a fantastic night at the Hogmanay street festival on New Year’s Eve. We will be leaving on 27th December and returning on 3rd January.
Merry Christmas from the Gliding Club(much in advance)!