The Fellwanderers are the hiking club of Imperial College London. We are one of the friendliest and most diverse clubs at Imperial, and whether you’re interested in epic mountain hikes, rambling weekend day walks, hiking abroad, competition hikes, learning to navigate, or even just coming to socials and eating a lot of food (we do a lot of that too) you will find something here to suit you!
We cater for all abilities, from fairly flat, easy day walks close to London, to fellrunning and competition hikes. As well as large amounts of curry and cake, we offer:
- Fortnightly weekend trips all over the UK including the Lake District and Snowdonia, with travel, food, accommodation and a wealth of experience all included;
- Leisurely weekend daywalks in the countryside around London, with the obligatory chippy and pub-stop as deserved rewards;
- Winter and Easter tours lasting 5-7 days, in the farther reaches of the UK;
- Summer tours lasting 1-2 weeks abroad (Iceland, Slovakia, Italy, the Alps, Norway…)
- For the more competitive there is also the opportunity to enter long distance walking competitions, such as the 4 Inns.
- Socials! Legendary termly bar nights, where members can obtain 4 free drinks simply by being a member of the club, a free picnic style lunch every Tuesday in Beit where we catch up and share stories from weekend trips, and of course the infamous Feuerzangenbowle evening, which involves large amounts of rum and fire. No more needs to be said.
Fellwanderers provides the perfect opportunity to make new friends, experience beautiful places, getting some exercise, fresh air and hopefully awesome views! We hope to see you around.
Fellwanderers is all about enjoying the good things in life. It’s about going to beautiful places, with friendly people, and getting some fresh air, exercise and, hopefully, some exhilarating views! Personally I think there’s nothing better to do on a weekend than to get away from London, climb a few hills and relax with your friends in the pub afterwards.
Beccy Day, Fellwanderers President 2002-2003
To hear more about Fellwanderers please join our mailing list
You can also check us out on Facebook.